This course is designed for Board students.
The Story of Village Palampur (Economics)
India-Size and Location
What is Democracy? Why Democracy? (Political Science)
People As Resource (Economics)
The French Revolution (History)
- Storming of Bastille, French Society During the Late Eighteenth Century
- The Struggle To Survive, A Growing Middle Class Envisages an End to Privileges, The Outbreak of the Revolution
- France Becomes a Constitutional Monarchy, Reading Political Symbols, France Abolishes Monarchy and Becomes a Republic
- The Reign of Terror, A Directory Rules France, Did Women Have a Revolution?
- The Abolition of Slavery, The Revolution and Everyday Life
Constitutional Design (Political Science)
- Democratic Constitution In South Africa, Struggle against apartheid, Towards a new Constitution
- Why Do We Need A Constitution? Making Of The Indian Constitution.
- The Path to Constitution, The Constituent Assembly
- Guiding Values Of The Indian Constitution, Philosophy Of The Constitution, Institutional Design
Physical Features of India (Geography)
Poverty as a Challenge (Economics)
- Overview, Introduction, Two Typical Cases Of Poverty, Urban Case, Rural Case, Poverty as seen by social scientists, Social Exclusion, Vulnerability
- Poverty Line, Poverty Estimates, Vulnerable Groups
- Story of Sivaraman, Inter-State Disparities, Global Poverty Scenario
- Causes Of Poverty, The Challenges Ahead
- Introduction, Climatic Controls
- Factors Affecting India’s Climate, Latitude.Altitude, Pressure and Winds
- The Onset Of The Monsoon And Withdrawal, The Seasons, The Cold Weather Season (Winter), The Hot Weather Season (Summer)
- Advancing Monsoon (The Rainy Season), Retreating/Post Monsoons (The Transition Season)
- Distribution Of Rainfall, Monsoon As A Unifying Bond
Electoral Politics (Political Science)
- Overview, Why Elections? Why do we need elections?
- What makes an election democratic? Is it good to have political competition?
- What Is Our System Of Elections?, Electoral Constituencies, Reserved Constituencies
- Voters list, Nomination Of Candidate
- Election Campaign, Polling And Counting Of Votes
- What Makes Elections In India Democratic?, Independent Election Commission, Popular Participation
- Acceptance of election outcome, Challenges to free and fair elections
Nazism and the Rise of Hitler (History)
- Introduction, Birth Of Weimar Republic
- The Effects of the War, Political Radicalism and the Economic Crises
- The Years Of Depression
- Hitler’s Rise To Power, The Destruction Of Democracy, Reconstruction
- The Nazi Worldview, Establishment Of Racial State
- The Racial Utopia, Steps To Death, Youth In Nazi Germany, The Nazi Cult of Motherhood, The Art of Propaganda, Ordinary People And The Crimes Against Humanity, Knowledge about the Holocaust
Natural Vegetation And Wild Life (Geography)
Working of Institutions (Political Science)
- Introduction, How is a major policy decision taken?, The Decision Makers
- Need for Political Institutions, Parliament, Why do we need a Parliament?
- Two Houses Of Parliament, Political Executive, Political and Permanent Executive
- Prime Minister and Council of Ministers, Powers of the Prime Minister, The President, The Judiciary